Need more space but don’t want to move? Basement finishing could be the answer. Among the many reasons to add a finished basement to your home, one of the most common is to get much needed space without adding an addition or moving to a new home. NaturaSeal provides renovation services that produce high-quality and safe results for you, your home and the environment. Whenever possible, we reduce waste without compromising quality and incorporate our eco-friendly sealants and coatings to further protect your investment.
What Can Basement Finishing do For Your Home?
There are few greater things you can add to your home than a finished basement. Potential uses and benefits include:
- Better Work/Life Balance: Working from home sounds ideal until you realize your home office is only feet away from the kids’ play area, the distraction of the television and a hundred other things keeping you from getting work done. Setting up your office in a basement can make it easier separate work from home while still saving you a commute.
- Rental Income/Extra Bedroom: Whether you want to make extra money by renting out the space, or simply need an extra room for guests, our basement renovations will transform a dark, cold cellar into a welcoming living space.
- Additional Bathroom/Kitchen: With our expert electrical and plumbing work, you can add a full bathroom and/or kitchen to your basement room. This will create a fully functioning apartment to rent or the ultimate guest quarters.
- Recreation and Workout Space: Get active with a gym in the comfort of your own home or create a play space perfect for kids and adults. Use this space for console gaming, weightlifting, or install an entertainment center or bar for the ultimate party room.
- Alternative to Home Addition: Transforming your basement is almost always more cost effective and easier than adding a room onto your home. Not only is there less construction involved, but city permits and rules are not a concern. You are also far less likely to disturb your neighbors when construction is contained to within your home.
Difference Between Basement Renovations, Restoration and Remodeling
These are the three R’s of basement finishing, but what’s the difference? When considering a finished basement, many companies will use these words interchangeably but they have key differences including price, limitations and applications. To get a better idea of which you need, here’s how we define the scope of each R:
- Basement Restorations: A restoration is the least invasive of the R’s. When restoring, we are working to get your basement to its former conditions. This is most likely with older buildings but can also be applied to newer homes. Common restoration features include replacing carpet, making repairs to existing fixtures, refinishing wood floors and installing new versions of old items.
- Basement Renovations: When you renovate, you’re making existing structures look better and brighter while also adding new elements. For example: basement finishing with renovations would include similar work to a restoration, but more items would be replaced instead of fixed.
- Basement Remodeling: This is where big changes happen in basement finishing. With this approach, you’ll not only have the option to replace fixtures but to change the very structure of your basement. Walls can be knocked out, rooms added and much more.
Protecting Your Finished Basement
Good basement renovations start with a solid foundation. To ensure your basement renovations serve your home well for years to come, NaturaSeal protects your walls and floor with our eco-friendly sealants. Our products offer a wide range of benefits to make your basement the most comfortable space in your home, including:
- Radon protection
- Mold prevention
- Improved humidity control
- Reduced risk of leaks/flooding
- Non-toxic, safe for you and the environment!
NaturaSeal’s commitment to basement waterproofing and renovations allows us to offer work that is not only beautiful but protected and secure. We combine superior renovation work along with our eco-friendly sealants to give you the best results that can’t be matched.
Our team will work with you to determine what kind or restoration, renovation or remodeling you need to meet your budget and time requirements. To learn more about any of our products or services, contact NaturaSeal at 1 905 827 7221.
Meta: Get the home you want without moving with expert basement finishing from NaturaSeal. Call 905 827 7221 basement renovations, restoration and remodeling!