A leaking basement is one of the most frustrating situations a homeowner can face. Not only will the foundation repair be costly, but the water can spell disaster for any items stored in the basement. Waterproofing Toronto homes is the only way to minimize and prevent this damage. At NaturaSeal, we specialize in products for basement waterproofing and foundation repair, giving you over 20 years of the experience you need, close to home.
Importance of Basement Waterproofing Toronto Homes
Whether you’re building a new home that you’re trying to protect, or performing foundation repair you need to reinforce, basement waterproofing is imperative to the health and well-being of a structure. With effective waterproofing, home and business owners will get these benefits:
- Increased energy efficiency and cost savings is one of the biggest benefits of a properly sealed basement. By sealing cracks you’re preventing warm, humid air from leaking into your home and raising your cooling costs.
- Reduced humidity throughout a building is another benefit since up to 50% of air moisture comes from the basement.
- Mold growth in an improperly sealed basement can lead to allergies, costly repairs and even more serious illnesses including breathing problems, reduction of cognitive ability and more.
- Foundation and flood protection from proper sealing are not only a huge financial benefit, they also give greater peace of mind to any homeowner. During flood times, a sealed basement can mean the difference between destruction of a home and merely needing to make some repairs.
- More living space is also possible with sealant. This treatment will make a home more comfortable and turn a damp, humid basement into a space that can be used for a recreation or living area. This is also an ideal way to prep a basement before renovations.
A strong home is built on a strong foundation and few things can affect the safety of a structure more than foundation damage. Incorporating our waterproofing products into foundation repair makes it possible to maintain that safety for longer, with less stress and worry over potential leaks later.
At NaturaSeal, our products have serviced homes throughout the Greater Toronto Area. We not only understand the technology and necessary components of optimal foundation repair, we are experienced with the specific needs of homes in our humid continental climate. This climate is known for its warm, wet summers along with cold winters.
Because of this weather, it’s necessary to have a basement sealant that is both able to stand up to moisture while remaining flexible in below freezing temperatures. Our waterproofing products accomplish this with elastomeric properties.
What is an elastomeric coating and why is good for a foundation? An elastomer is a substance with both viscosity and elasticity. Having a viscous form means it is thick enough to fill in cracks, but liquid enough to be poured in easily. Elasticity helps it move with foundation shifts and prevents it from hardening in cold weather.
Waterproofing Products from NaturaSeal
We’ve dedicated our decades of experience to crafting the best products for home and basement waterproofing. Toronto area contractors and homeowners can choose from several options with us, including these products:
RadonShield: Along with offering a protective barrier against water, our RadonShield spray is also ideal for protecting foundations from mold and radon seepage. Benefits include:
- Able to remain flexible even in cold weather
- Non-toxic and Safe for you and the environment
- Easy to use and apply with no need for extra ventilation
- Instant, watertight seal that does not require a drying or curing time
- A wide range of colors lets this product blend in with any decor
SpraySeal: Like RadonShield, SpraySeal is a eco-friendly spray solution, making it easy and safe to use. The ability to fill in cracks and remain flexible makes it ideal for a variety of applications, including waterproofing a basement and deck. It also offers radon protection. SpraySeal differs from RadonShield in that it can also be used on your roof.
Other Waterproofing Products: NaturaSeal also supplies PatchSeal, BrushSeal and AcriSeal, each with its own unique advantages and application methods.
When to Get Basement Waterproofing, Toronto
Optimally, waterproofing is best done when a basement is new, right before renovations or after foundation repair. However, our products can be used any time there are signs of water leakage. To learn more about our products and services, call NaturaSeal at 1 905 827 7221.
Meta: Protect your home with professional, eco-friendly foundation repair and basement waterproofing. Toronto residents, call NaturaSeal at 1 905 827 7221.